Thursday, November 19, 2009

Urgent Need for an Institute for the Study of Internet Commercial Fraud

One of the unnerving and decidedly alienating implications from fraud on the Internet these days is that a shockingly large number of Americans---and persons operating in other nations as well---are willing to engage in flagrantly dishonest business communications on the Internet that are aimed at defrauding law-abiding Americans of their hard-earned money.

Not only does the United States of today have an apparent need for an Institute for the Study of Internet Commercial Fraud.

We also have an urgent need for a nationwide network of well-staffed treatment programs aimed at helping to cure habitual liars and thieves of their penchant for pathological mendacity. It is painfully apparent that a significant share of all Americans of today are willing to tell flagrant lies on the Internet in the hopes of stealing money from those who believe them.

Internet fraud is so pervasive that I am surprised by the days of my life when I do not receive a fraudulent commercial E-mail solicitation on the Internet. Many of the fraudulent solicitations I've received refer to a recently deceased person in Africa or Asia or Great Britain who desperately wanted to leave money behind to myself, even though he had never met me before in his entire life. This type of obviously fraudulent message to myself, in turn, significantly undermines my own outlook toward each of the foreign nations, if any, where fraudulent E-mail solicitations directed at myself do, in fact, originate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.