Saturday, March 24, 2018

STATE REPRESENTATIVE GINA HINOJOSA OF HOUSE DISTRICT 49 ACCEPTS ADDENDUM TO MY MARCH 24, 2018-DATED PUBLIC-POLICY LETTER TO HERSELF


On Saturday, March 24, 2018 12:30 PM, John McMillan wrote:

March 24, 2018


Dear State Representative Hinojosa in Austin, Texas,

As a brief addendum to the public-policy letter (below) that I sent you earlier today, I would like to offer you the following apparently pertinent factual information:

---Formula 1 race cars reportedly in the year 2016 achieved only 4 to 7 miles per gallon of fuel (an edited version here for this Blog--jkm).

I obtained this factual information today from an online report written by Christina Valimaki and posted on May 4, 2016. The title of her posting was "Formula 1 Racing: Innovation with Environmental Impact."
Formula 1 racing, as you know, is currently being highlighted and emphasized at well-publicized "sporting" events in Austin.

---Professional race car events in general consume an unconscionably excessive quantity of fossil fuels.

Shortly before the 2015 "Daytona 500" professional race-car event at Daytona Beach, Florida, for instance, NASCAR estimated that the drivers of the 43 cars racing in that professional "sporting" event would consume a combined total of 5,375 gallons of racing fuel, according to a Feb. 22, 2015, "Time" Magazine account I reviewed online that was written by Jack Linshi. I might add that the cited estimate from NASCAR was probably low.

NASCAR, as you may know, is the "National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing" that co-sponsors the professional race-car events.

Rep. Hinojosa, I hope that this additional information is helpful to you as you review whether the Texas Legislature should approve a new state law that either prohibits or imposes major restrictions on professional race-car events in Austin Texas, and elsewhere throughout our state.

Sincerely and Best Wishes,
from John Kevin McMillan, a dependably civil and law-abiding single adult Anglo male constituent of yours who is also myself a permanent resident of Austin City Council District 10.
District 10, as you will recall, is a district of Austin for which my one total duly-elected City Council Member from that district under the "Direct Representation by District" system, Dr. Alison Alter, has reportedly refused to accept any direct communications of any type from myself, according to Austin Police Department Officer James Turner, who indicated to me on March 9, 2017, inside my apartment unit at that time (Apt. 902 at Village Oaks Apartments, 10926 Jollyville Road in NW Austin) that he was officially authorized by Council Member Alter to speak to me on her own behalf that day.

I have, of course, honored Council Member Alter's request on that. I wish to add, however, that I would welcome any opportunity to myself file a civil-rights lawsuit against the City Government of Austin for alleged illegal disenfranchisement of this particular law-abiding single adult male gainfully employed District 10 resident --- myself --- by a City Government apparently exhibiting alleged possible antipathy and possible malice toward me in alleged possible violation of the state penal code and state laws of Texas.

I mention this partly because I have been informed by the City of Austin officials whom I have spoken with about this that NO OTHER CURRENT RESIDENT OF AUSTIN of whom that City of Austin official is aware has been prohibited by their own direct-representation City Council member for their district of Austin from directly contacting that Council member of theirs with public-policy-related concerns or suggestions or information.

My home phone: (512) 342-2295.
My current home address: Village Oaks Apartments, 10926 Jollyville Road, Apt. 1609, Austin, TX 78759.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.