Tuesday, June 22, 2021

THE ONE TOTAL AUSTIN POLICE DEPARTMENT PEACE OFFICER WHO HAS SENT ME A NON-AUTOMATED REPLY MESSAGE SO FAR IN 2021: APD DETECTIVE JAMES TURNER OF THE APD SEX CRIMES UNIT

 It occurred to me tonight that I can recall receiving a non-automated reply message from only one total peace officer of the Austin Police Department so far this year. That one total peace officer, who received an award for outstanding service to APD in a recent prior year, is APD Sex Crimes Detective James Turner.

Below is one of the two reply e-mail letters that APD Detective James Turner wrote and sent to me this year: ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Turner, James <james.turner@austintexas.gov> To: John McMillan <mcmillanj@att.net> Cc: Larroque, Lelan <Lelan.Larroque@austintexas.gov>; King, Michael <Michael.King@austintexas.gov> Sent: Monday, February 8, 2021, 12:46:15 PM CST Subject: RE: 2-8-21 courtesy follow-up question for APD Sex Crimes Unit Detective Turner Hi John, As far as I know that directive still stands but I ask that you contact Officer Lelan Larroque or Sgt Michael King with the CIT unit regarding your inquiry. James Turner Detective – Sex Crimes Unit Austin Police Department 512-974-4404 | james.turner@austintexas.gov One Austin, Safer Together Keeping you, your family & our community safe through innovative strategies & community engagement. Download APD’s mobile app, Austin PD, for free on iPhone and Android. Pursuant to section 552.301 (c) of the Government Code, the City of Austin has designated certain addresses to receive requests for public information sent by electronic mail. For requests seeking public records held by the Austin Police Department, please submit by utilizing the following link: austintexas.gov/PIR _____ From: John McMillan <mcmillanj@att.net> Sent: Monday, February 8, 2021 9:49 AM To: Turner, James <James.Turner@austintexas.gov>; jose.garza@traviscountytx.gov Subject: 2-8-21 courtesy follow-up question for APD Sex Crimes Unit Detective Turner *** External Email - Exercise Caution *** February 8, 2021 Dear Austin Police Department Sex Crimes Unit Detective James Turner, Best Wishes to you in your very impressive and often-life-saving new role as an APD Sex Crimes Unit Detective. Detective Turner, this is one additional hopefully-polite follow-up letter that refers back to the following factual account I found in an e-mail report I had submitted in writing on June 12, 2020, to a very honorable colleague of yours at APD: "...---Austin City Council Member Alison Alter. Austin Police Department Senior Police Officer James Turner on March 9, 2017, made an unannounced visit to my apartment unit at Village Oaks Apartments, 10926 Jollyville Road, Apt. 902, in the District 10 section of Austin, and stated to me during that visit that my own official District 10 representative on the Austin City Council, City Council Member Alter, and her husband, UT-Austin LBJ School of Public Affairs Professor and UT-Austin History Department Professor Jeremi Suri, have each requested through Officer Turner that I refrain from ever again directly contacting either Council Member Alter or Professor Suri at any time in the future. "After that visit by Officer Turner, I have often wondered whether Council Member Alter or an organization she's affiliated with possibly has alleged possible antipathy toward me...that I have not been directly informed about...." _____________ Detective Turner, do you continue to believe at this time that Council Member Alter is not willing to accept any e-mail letters from me of any type?... Thank you in advance, Detective Turner, for your very helpful reply letter to me on this. If you have determined in the multi-year period since 2017 that Council Member Alter is now willing to accept e-mails from me and does not exhibit any possible alleged antipathy toward me..., I will be happy to send her courtesy carbon-copies of my future crime reports to the Austin Police Department. Sincerely and Best Wishes, John Kevin McMillan, longstanding criminal-law complainant with the Austin Police Department Sex Crimes Unit and other APD units as well. My solo-occupancy efficiency-apartment-unit rental-home address ever since June 21, 2019: Pebble Creek Apartments (a Belco Equities-affiliated complex for which the immediate supervisor of my general manager (Juan Acosta the GM) at this complex, Mr. Cecil Domel being that supervisor, has stated to me in writing (see below for documentation) that for "privacy" reasons, Mr. Domel and their management team are NOT willing to provide me with the name of the owner of my current apartment unit or the owner of Building 17 where I have always lived alone and continue to live alone as the only official tenant and only approved occupant in my unit at Pebble Creek Apartments in the District 4 section of northeast Austin), 8805 North Plaza Drive, Building 17, Apt. 2418 (northeastern corner of this very large and gated-community complex), Austin, TX 78753. ______ ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Cecil Domel <cecil@belcoequities.com> To: John McMillan <mcmillanj@att.net> Cc: Juan Acosta <Manager@pebblecreekapartments.net> Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020, 02:05:59 PM CST Subject: RE: 2-20-20 request for contact information for owner Hi John, I am sorry but our privacy policy will not allow us to give you the information you are requesting. You are more than welcome to ask the office to put in a work order so can investigate any possible entrances into your apartment. ______ From: John McMillan <mcmillanj@att.net> Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 1:04 PM To: Cecil Domel <Cecil@Belcoequities.com>; Juan Acosta <Manager@pebblecreekapartments.net> Subject: 2-20-20 request for contact information for owner February 20, 2020 Dear Cecil, Juan Acosta, the polite general manager here at Pebble Creek Apartments, has informed me on the telephone today (during a phone call he made to my landline phone number of (512) 342-2295, at about 12:42 p.m.) that I may write to you directly in order to obtain from you the contact information I need for the owner of my rental-apartment unit, Apartment 2418. I might also add at this time that I will also need contact information from you for the owner of Building 17, the multi-unit apartment building in which I am currently residing as an official rent-paying tenant and only approved occupant inside my current solo-occupancy efficiency apartment unit. Juan Acosta mentioned to me today that you are his immediate supervisor, and you are the appropriate person for me to send an e-mail to in order to myself obtain contact information for the owner of my apartment unit, Juan indicated. I plan to inform the owner of my apartment unit, and the owner of Building 17 or the owner of any unit in Building 17 that abuts my own unit, for that matter, that I have some security concerns relating to my current apartment unit. I also plan to ask the owner whether he or she or they are aware of any possible point of entry into my apartment unit other than my front door, my sliding glass door, and the window that leads into my kitchen. I always keep all of the three total management-team-cited possible points of entry into my current rental unit bolt-locked (if applicable) or locked and fully secured at all times. Thank you in advance, Cecil, for your helpful reply letter to me on this. Sincerely and Best Wishes, John Kevin McMillan, the only official rent-paying tenant ever since June 21, 2019, in Apartment 2418 at Pebble Creek Apartments, 8805 North Plaza Drive, in north Austin. I am on a 12-month, management-team-approved and signed lease agreement for my efficiency apartment unit. Home phone: (512) 342-2295. Cell phone: (512) 993-7305. ____ CAUTION: This email was received at the City of Austin, from an EXTERNAL source. Please use caution when clicking links or opening attachments. If you believe this to be a malicious and/or phishing email, please forward this email to cybersecurity@austintexas.gov.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.