Wednesday, June 30, 2021

MY ONLINE MESSAGE THAT I WROTE AND SENT THIS AFTERNOON TO LEE CRAWFORD, LEGAL DIVISION CHIEF FOR THE CITY GOVERNMENT OF AUSTIN IN THIS STATE-CAPITAL CITY FOR TEXAS

 

  • Here is your message:

    Your Name: John Kevin McMillan
    Your e-mail address: mcmillanj@att.net
    Subject: re: May 1, 2021, injury I incurred to my left knee and left hand on City of Austin property
    Message: This is to inform you that I may be filing a claim for financial compensation from the City Government of Austin relating to the very surprising injury I sustained while walking on the morning of May 1, 2021, along a City of Austin sidewalk directly toward and within 50 feet of the entrance to the polling station at Little Walnut Creek Library. The sidewalk suddenly tilted dramatically upward and I lost my balance and fell, injuring my left hand and my left knee. I was evaluated that same day by medical care providers, and I have had several imaging tests on myself resulting from that fall. A helpful female Election official at the polling place politely invited me to submit a sworn affidavit to her about the injury I had sustained on City of Austin property as I walked toward the entrance of that polling place. I provided her with that affidavit, and I did vote in that special election. I also asked her to please have someone post a caution sign posted near the portion of the sidewalk where the unexpected dramatic tilt upward occurred. She very helpfully stated that she would definitely post a warning sign near that portion of the outdoor sidewalk. What is my deadline for submitting a claim for financial compensation to me from the City of Austin on the May 1, 2021, accident that occurred outdoors on City of Austin property at the Little Walnut Creek Library in north Austin?
E-mail successfully sent!

Thank you for your input. We will respond to your comment, question, or suggestion as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.