Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Whistle-Blowing State Legislators Deserve Cash Prize

I would love to see the day when a $50,000 cash prize is automatically awarded to each and every state legislator in Texas who during the most recent previous or current legislative session filed a legal complaint with a law-enforcement agency that resulted in the criminal-law felony conviction of at least one other state legislator.

Each and every vigilant and courageously "whistle-blowing" state legislator who earns that honorable award deserves a hero's reception throughout our entire state, such as through a "Grand Tour of Texas" that might be accorded to each such noble state lawmaker.

Each Texas legislator earning an award of that type has made a very noble public statement to the entire world that "I, as an honorable and law-abiding and honest member of the Texas Legislature, refuse to commit the crime of complicity in which I would have pretended to myself be innocently unaware of the shocking crimes committed by other state lawmakers here in Austin."

"Had I as a state lawmaker withheld from law-enforcement agencies in Austin in 2009 this alarming criminal-law evidence I had myself been privy to about another state legislator, regardless of that legislator's political or religious beliefs or affiliation, or whether I have myself admired or liked that fellow state legislator in the past, I would have myself been flagrantly and shockingly guilty of perpetuating the appalling tradition of widespread corruption in our Texas Legislature---a tradition of disgraceful conduct in our state's chief governing body that has insidiously undermined this state's credibility and integrity for decades."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments Here.